Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rage against the dying of the light

Nearly three years ago, Mr. Huggard said to our 9th period English class something along the lines of: "I always urge my classes not to go gentle into the good night, but I can tell, this class will never go gentle anywhere." He of course said this with affection, as he actually told our class that we were his favorite. That class was like no other; an assortment of sometimes overly enthusiastic people that seemed to just click.

I've been thinking about how I've allowed a defeatist attitude to overcome me these past few months. That really is not who I want to be, and the more I thought about it, I became slightly disgusted with myself. I quickly got over it and made the decision that I have to just get my act together, and simply put, be bold. I used to be; I used to have big plans and I used to go full force into everything. At some point I started to get lazy, though, and that shit just really needs to stop. (For my Kellenberg people, I can put it this way--I'm an 8, dammit! I just haven't been acting it lately.)

So, I must end this post here as an English assignment and phonetics transcription practice and cover letter edits await me. I'm ready to take the bull by the horns again (and chop those horns off, carve them into some sort of bracelet, and make bull sandwiches with the meat.)

No comments: