Sunday, January 18, 2009

No sneakers, but feelin' fine

I didn't get the sneakers. I was really disappointed at first, but that's how it goes. They don't actually make the sneaker I want any more because styles change. The whole thing--where this stupid sneaker has become some symbol of fulfilment-- has made me think of a line from a very, very great movie:
"It's the only place where a boy like me could be happy."
Bonus points if you know what movie that comes from, and five dollars from me if you know what exactly that line is referring to.

I've seen two movies in the last two days, Revolutionary Road, and Gran Torino. Kelly and I just had an insightful conversation about the artistic merit of Revolutionary Road (Kelly: okay im sorry but the part where kate winslet is doing all that screaming and running off into the woods really just did it for me. i was like whattttttt is going on Me: its artsy, so you are required to like it and if you don't, you're a dumb ass Kelly: i was gonna say if you don't, well then fuck you.
your voice is too pitchy for me anyway)

I realized two things these last 24 hours: Clint Eastwood completes the holy trinity (in the name of Bono, Oprah, and Clint...it's finally complete. Seriously, see Gran Torino.), anddd that the more things change, the more they remain the same. I dug this up from ancient history (pasted directly from my xanga):

Tuesday, March 29, 2005
I wasn't going to make an actual post, but why not
Last night I went with the snarfs to see Hitch. The movie was okay but I had soo much fun just hanging out. The ticket girl called us stupid so when she turned around I yelled at her and left, so the girl thought it was catie lmao. Then in the theater jess and catie left me and kelly alone in the seats, so we started laughing all over again about the three kidney thing . The hardest I laughed was at this really serious part. Me and jess were like crying from trying to hold in our laughter. we were embarrassing catie soooo much. it was really funny and then the woman in front of us got pissed, which made us laugh even harder. lmao good times
laters,
meg



It is so refreshing to see that some things really don't change. I deleted a bunch of shit I had written here, because really, what it comes down to, is that 2005 or 2009, I still have my girls and we will be pitchy as hell for a long time coming!

----------------
eeep. one more thing.

Friday, March 25, 2005
me and kelly are going to go to the OTB and bet on a horse named RunsLikeaHomelessPerson

No comments: