Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tomorrow May Rain So I'll Follow the Sun

Easier title than the usual obscure garbage I use, but nevertheless, points to you if you know who sang that lyric.

The sun is shining, there isn't a cloud in the sky, and it isn't terribly freezing (it is a balmy 28.) I should be happy with this, but of course, I am not satisfied (why can't I just be happy with what I am given? It would make things easier.) I want it to be warm enough that I can walk outside in a T-shirt and jeans without freezing to death.

I really do belong in a warmer climate. I want to live in a place where my toes never turn purple from the cold and my lips chap from a sunburn, not the cold, dry air.
Following the sun seems to have worked out well for these guys:

Figure 1: Snoopy's brother, Spike. He is from the desert, possibly a little slow, and apparently takes a cactus on his travels.

Figure 2: Mickey Mouse, smiling because he has a dirty, dirty secret. Or, because we are freezing in Boston while he is living it up in sunny Orlando, and he is taking pleasure in our misfortune. Son of a bitch.

No comments: