Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Because you know you love it when I offer advice

The last time I offered you a pearl of wisdom, I advised you to put a pair of underwear over your wet hair.

This time, I offer you dating advice. My roommate has an internship, and she helped to create a "date planner" (http://datenight.springpadit.com/). She asked me if I would make a post about dating, and I agreed. Why not, right? I love giving advice, even when nobody wants it.

So lets see. Dating...dating...I haven't been on a date in about two months, but I'm pretty sure that things haven't changed that much since December 2008.

Err....don't put out until the third date.


After some consideration, I realized that this probably is not enough to get my blog into the date planner.

About 5 minutes has gone by and I am coming up blank.

Okay. This is from a very recent experience--

Guys and girls, do not text somebody you have just started to date at an odd hour. Think to yourself: "Would it be okay to call somebody at this hour?" If the answer is no, then a text isn't okay, either. I recently got a text at 7AM from a guy, and although the text said nothing significant, getting a message that early threw me for a loop. So, if you want to make contact late at night with a new guy or girl, wait until the morning. And once the morning comes, wait until early afternoon.

EDIT: Upon further consideration, my roommate said that this is not exactly what they are looking for in said "date planner." She said it's more along the lines of how to have a good date, what not to do on a date, etc.

SO! From the vault of experience, flat-chested ladies, I offer you this true gem:

Padded bras may make your sweaters fit nicer, but if there is any chance that your new guy is coming back with you to your room, just wear a normal bra. Otherwise, he is going to get a handful of Wonderbra and nothing else. That confused look on his face sure does ruin the moment!

That's all I've got. To the couples out there: I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day! And to the single people like myself: I hope you don't have too bad of a hangover on Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great advice! i am still laughing.