Thursday, February 26, 2009

If you buy it, they will come

It is a cloudy Thursday, but I must say, everything feels rather fine. I'm drinking black coffee, prepping for a test that I might actually do okay on, and more importantly, tomorrow is Friday! My last post came across rather whiny. My mother has often liked to play with my head and remind me that my emotions are nothing more than the product of my hormone disturbances ("you are only this upset because of your hormones"..."you are only sensitive because of your hormones"...) so I had to run by some third parties the situations that have been bugging me to see whether or not I am valid in my frustration. While describing these situations, I realized that they actually sound even more ridiculous when I verbalize them. The winner?

I got in trouble at work for putting vegetables on the wrong side of the sandwich for over 45 minutes.

I feel validated, and everything seems okay now.

Enough about that crap.

So, as all five of you know, I have been on a fruitless quest to meet the man of my dreams (i.e. somebody who calls after the second date. So by "man of my dreams" I really just mean someone with a little tact and who is polite enough to wait until after the third date to push me away.) After Alana and I went bra shopping, through some fuzzy logic, we decided that if we have the sexy underwear already, the men will naturally follow. I am currently wearing a leopard print bra, so bring it on!

In an effort to bring about maturity, I have started wearing bras with under wires.

In an effort to get a better job, I'm thinking maybe I just need to buy some dress shirts. I wore a dress shirt to a disastrous job fair earlier this week, and although I made a fool out of myself, I looked rather professional while doing so.

So, I guess now I just wait for Shoeless Joe Jackson to show up....wait.

2 comments:

Alana said...

Hooray for bras!

Anonymous said...

i got in trouble at work for putting meat on the wrong side of the sandwhich.