Monday, December 8, 2008

I'll show you, asshole.

I just came from calc tutoring. The rundown:



Tutor realizes that I can't divide fractions in my head, I ask if we can stop doing fraction drills because we are short on time, I'm tired, and I can use a calculator on the test, tutor gives me speech about the importance of being able to do math in head, I give him quip about not taking calc ever again, tutor gives me speech about calc being "basic math that really everybody needs to know...I don't care what your major is, how would you feel if you were presented with this symbol and didn't know what to do?" (referring to this: )



Well, tutor, I didn't know what that meant before last week, and I didn't sigh some great sigh of relief when I learned what it meant and I really don't see how if you are lets say, for arguments sake, any profession other than an engineer or math teacher, why I would give a rat's ass what that means.

So, tutor, thanks. Because you gave me something to prove now. You gave me that extra motivation I needed to really study my ass off and get that awesome grade on the final. Because you may have made me feel like an idiot for not being able to divide 3x/9 by 11/2 in my head, but I can still get that 93 I need and get that B in calc.

err...i hope.

No comments: