Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goals for the mediocre

[Edited 3/4/09 for general boringness]


This morning, I made a new list [of goals.] This new list also includes fun and exciting things that are just a bit more realistic than the last one [previously this post included my old, unrealistic goals.] Such new, less demanding goals include traveling to any state west of Wisconsin and getting drunk at the movie theaters. Notice that I don't put time stamps on these ones; no need for pressure. There is plenty of time for me to get myself and my friends kicked out of a movie theater.



Figure 1: Although my friends usually go along with my plans, for whatever reason, most of them seem to have drawn the line at getting drunk at the movies. I had a startling revelation earlier today--I distinctly remember this summer, after seeing "WALL-E" alerting Kelly, Catie, and Jess that I had a stroke of genius and that we had to go see a movie on Wacky Wednesday while completely wasted (Wacky Wednesday= $5 movies at Douglaston Movie World, the crappiest theater on the planet. We love it dearly.) I know that I also wanted to see the movie "THE WATERHORSE" while under the influence and everybody said no...I assumed these were the same instance, but upon seeing the "Christmas" realease date on the photo above, I realized that I have actually requested drunk movie going not once, but twice, and been shut down both times.

No comments: