Sunday, March 1, 2009

First in the Series: Class Acts

I've always enjoyed that phrase-- "First in the Series"-- usually seen on an ad in "Women's World" magazine for some sort of collector's plate.

Earlier this week, I was facebook creeping and came across an album of photos taken at a party. I only knew one person in the album, but I looked through all 30 pictures anyway. The party did not look like anything spectacular, but oddly enough, the photos were. Whoever took them must have at least a little experience with a camera. The lighting in each picture was gorgeous; the "candid" shots were somehow perfect.

I was inspired. I went through my photos, and after considering how my friends and I are altered in about 50% of the pictures I have taken over the last year, I decided to put together an album.

My creative muse was: Maybe these would look classier in black and white.


So, I made a series. Some I changed into black and white, some I just messed with the colors. Someday I hope to have my work matted and presented in a museum, but until that day arrives, I figured I would post one or two photos when I had nothing else to say.

BANDITA PICTURE 1:



Figure 1: Me, feeling warm after 4 or 5 martini glasses of "Banditas" (cheap wine, simple syrup, and grenadine.) I know this picture isn't that funny, but I started with it because I realized that I need to ask everybody's permission before posting anything else--unless you want to make this easy and comment whether or not I have your permission; it is totally cool if you don't want me to put up a picture of you in your finest hour, but it is even cooler if you are okay with it. Nobody reads this except you (i.e., none of my family reads this or anybody else who would care that you are shitfaced.)

No comments: