Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crayons and alka seltzer

I had a really pensive post in mind, but instead I thought I would share with you something much funnier. Many of my 10 readers knew me when I was a kid, but to the rest of you, this may come as a shock. I was a weird kid. I know, I know, hard to believe, but true (typing with sarcasm is really hard, but that is definitely sarcastic). Every year I would ask for really odd gifts for my birthday. I present to you a comprehensive list:


Age 8-13: Alka seltzer
Age 8-13: 96 box of crayons
ca. Age 8: a wand with a star on top
Age 9: A barometer (mom said no to that one)
Age 9: box of magnets (mom did buy me that, though)
Age 12: A rhyming dictionary
ca. Age 11: coasters with penguins on them
Age 19: Uno
Ages 8-17: Various genesis CDs (or, in the Early days, cassettes)

2 comments:

paleblueeyes said...

all of those are essential. especially the rhyming dictionary. I definitely always wanted one of those.

Anonymous said...

if it helps I asked for yogurt one year....cause I LOVE yogurt.