Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Heart Warming (and for once I am not being sarcastic!)

On a serious note:

Despite how young we are, our generation has witnessed some of the worst moments in American history. My most vivid memories of crowding around the TV with my family to watch the news include September 11, invading Afghanistan, and invading Iraq.

Among these moments, though, I can finally add something truly amazing. Last night, I sat a foot and a half away from my TV and watched as Barack Obama gave his acceptance speech. Sure, I voted for him with more than a little reservation, and of course the real test is not the result of the election, but the result of his work over the next four years. It was so surreal, though, this morning to wake up and read all the headlines and realize that America has finally turned over a new leaf. This was the article that really gave me shivers (in the best way possible)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/05/world.reaction/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

No comments: